Diabetes is one of the most dreaded diseases that are plaguing the whole world. Millions of people are being diagnosed with diabetes globally. This is the reason that the disease demands global awareness. Along with taking medicines on time and controlling diet in the best possible manner, there is another way of combating this problem – yoga and other exercises. Yoga has shown great results in controlling blood sugar levels in the body.
Mentioned below are some of the most common yoga poses, which can be used for treating diabetes:
- Vajrasana–This is one of the simplest yoga poses, which helps in improving digestion, relaxing the mind and most importantly massaging the Kanda. Kanda is a special point in the body, which is approximately 12 inches above the anus. It is believed that this is the point where more than 72,000 nerves converge in the body.
- Pranayam–Controlling breathing patterns in the body is highly effective. Pranayam is nothing but controlling the breathing patterns. Breathe in deeply and then breathe out slowly. This helps in improving blood circulation in the body and provides more oxygen to the blood. The mind is calmed with this yoga pose. Along with this, the nervous system also gets healed with this yoga pose.
- Balasana–Balasana is also known as a child’s pose. This yoga pose proves to be a great stress buster. This yoga pose helps in stretching the thighs, hips and ankles. Not only this, the yoga poses also helps in relieving stress, calming the mind and reducing fatigue. For people suffering with scoliosis, this yoga pose helps in lowering back pain considerably.
- Halasana–People who have sedentary work or who have bad posture might gain greatly from this yoga pose. It is also great for people suffering from diabetes. Practicing this yoga pose helps in stimulating the parathyroid glands, abdominal organs, thyroid gland, lungs and other organs in the body. With this yoga, the blood rushes to the face and head. Not only this, it also helps in keeping hormonal levels in check and helps in improving digestion.
- Dhanurasan–This yoga pose is similar to the shape of a bow (dhanur). The pose helps in strengthening the spine and the back, helps in combating fatigue and stress, plays a pivotal role in stimulating reproductive organs and helps in relieving constipation. Along with this, the yoga pose is also great for minimizing menstrual pain.
The yoga poses are without side-effects and help in keeping diabetes at bay.
Latest posts by Juan (see all)
- Alpha Male EX- An All Natural Dietary Supplement - September 4, 2017
- Vibrant C Cream Reviews, Where to buy Free Trial Skincare Cream - March 20, 2017
- Luminescent Serum & Cream Reviews, Free Trial & Price - February 11, 2017